Spray Tanning Information
Skin & Nail Prep
- It is better if you have nail polish on before your tan, even if it is just a clear coat – this prevents your nails
- from staining. Your nails and toenails will be wiped down at the end of the spray tan session.
- It is recommended that you have any facial or body waxing prior to your spray tan. DO NOT get waxed after your tan.
- Please shower and exfoliate 24 hours prior with sulfate free exfoliator or low PH balance exfoliator. (We sell them here or you can check your local drug store)
- If you need to shower the day of spray tan session, make sure it’s 3 hours before and only with a low PH balance cleaner or sulfate free cleanser.
- If you need to shave the day of your spray tan, make sure it is at least 3 hours before. Do not use shaving cream, bar soap or a razor with a mineral strip.
- Eyelash extensions are okay to have on and do not impact your spray tan, however because of the way
- eye lash extensions are applied, it is recommended that they be applied before your spray tan appointment.
- No sweating, swimming, getting wet or exercising until your first shower after your spray tan. Doing so may cause streaks.
- Do not wash your face before your first shower!
- There is a bronzer in the solution, which means that you will have some color immediately after you are sprayed. The color will continue to darken as the solution develops. Your color will lighten after your shower off the bronzer. You will see color coming off in your first shower – this is normal. Your spray tan is not washing off, just the bronzer.
- Shower before working out or sweating. Working out with the bronzer on may cause your tan to streak.
- We recommend rinsing the bronzer off, then working out and then taking a full shower – just so you don’t have to take two showers back-to-back.
- Go easy around water the day you get sprayed – this includes everything from doing dishes to brushing your teeth. While you can still do these things, it is recommended that you use caution when you are near water to ensure you do not mess up your spray tan.
- We do not recommend wearing vinyl/rubber gloves to do housework the day you are sprayed. We recommend waiting until after your first shower to wear these types of gloves.
Lotions & Make-Up
- You should NOT have any lotion, make-up, sunscreen, or oil on your skin at the time of your appointment, even if it has been applied earlier in the day.
- No deodorant the day of your spray tan – it will turn green where the deodorant is applied.
What to Expect
- Wear dark loose fitting clothing. If it is raining or snowing the day of your appointment, it is recommended that you bring an umbrella.
- Your skin will feel a little sticky and the spray tan does have a slight odor to it – but this is normal for a spray tan session. You feel slightly sticky until your first shower.
- Try not to touch your skin to see if you are sticky. The solution does feel sticky while it is in the developing phase before your first shower. If you touch your skin and do not wash the insides of your hands, your palms may end up becoming stained because palms are not supposed to come into contact with the spray tan solution. If you do accidentally touch your skin, wash the insides of your hands.
- When needed, wash only the insides of your hands while the spray tan is developing. The most effective way to do this is with hand sanitizer or an antibacterial wipe. If you do not have these available, you can also use a paper towel or towel with soap.
- The bronzer may get on the inside of your clothes or on your sheets. It should not stain; however, we cannot guarantee this.
Long Term After Care
- Pat dry after your shower. Vigorous rubbing will exfoliate your skin and your tan will not last long.
- DO NOT exfoliate with loofahs, body scrubs, body washes or soaps with exfoliating beads until your tan starts to fade away.
- Do NOT use scented body washes Non-scented/fragrance-free body washes and soaps are highly
- recommended. Scented body washes and soaps are NOT recommended. Aveeno lotions are also NOT recommended.
- Limit the shaving of your legs, as this is also a form of exfoliating. You can still shave your legs; we do not recommend doing it daily.
- Face washes containing salicylic acid and/or benzoyl peroxide are not recommended because they can eat away at your spray tan. Your face will fade faster as your wash it more frequently.
- Acne spot treatments are also not recommended during the week your spray tan is on.
- Moisturizing helps extend the life of your tan and it helps your tan fade more evenly. We recommend using a hydrating, non-scented/fragrance-free lotion!
- Your spray tan will last 4-8 days. The more you moisturize, the longer the tan can last. You can use any moisturizer, but moisturizers containing self-tanners are not recommended because they can have adverse effects.
- It is recommended to moisturize at least once a day.